DEPARTMENT OF CREATIVE COMMUNICATION
Experience Creative Communication
- Dual Enrollment Academy
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Associate Degree Experiences
- Bachelor Degree Experiences
- Field Instruction
- Graduate Certificates
- Master Degree Experiences
- Field Instruction
- Doctoral Degree Experiences
- Intro to Doctoral Studies
- School Resources
- University Resources
News and Calendar
- News Archive
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
About the Department
The inclusion of experiential learning components and courses in the academic programs at Missional University has manifold benefits to students enrolled in each of the School of Creative Expression's five departments namely: Communication Media Studies, Digital Media Arts, Digital Information Technologies, Film Theatre Studies and Music Ethnodoxology.
Experiential Learning Types
The Department of Creative Communication offers a variety of types of experiential learning activities for undergraduate and graduates in each of the five departments in the School of Community Ministry including observership, practicum, field instruction, internship, mentorship, capstone, portfolio, project, research and thesis courses.
Experiential Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the experiential learning activities in the Department of Creative Communication gain valuable experience in their academic field.
Benefits to Communication Media Studies Students.
By engaging in experiential learning activities and taking experiential learning courses SCC students at Missional University who are pursuing Communication Media Studies will be better equipped as responsible communicators of truth via varied forms of media. They will:
- gain real-world experience in communication media studies
- develop varied skills needed to be successful in their chosen career, (b) grow in their ability and confidence to use communication media for the advancement of God’s Kingdom
- discover innovative ways to be an influencer for the Kingdom through communication media
- grow in self-reflection and be a voice of reason, truth, and righteousness wherever they are planted.
Benefits to Digital Media Arts Students
By engaging in experiential learning activities and taking experiential learning courses SCE students at Missional University who are pursuing a degree in Digital Media Arts are better prepared to maximize the use of digital technology and media towards advancing God’s Kingdom. They will:
- gain real-world experience in the use of digital media, and the use of varied platforms of digital media arts
- develop healthy attitudes leading to becoming wise consumers of media and responsible management of information
- develop skills in using powerful multimedia tools and use the same towards Kingdom advancement
- increase student’s proficiency in communicating and disseminating their perspectives in a wide range of print and electronic media forms
- develop coaching skills in the responsible use of digital media.
Benefits to Digital Information Technologies Students
By engaging in experiential learning activities and taking experiential learning courses SCE students at Missional University who are pursuing Digital Information Technology Studies are empowered with abilities to tell stories through information and understanding of human cultures. Students:
- develop a logical thinking process that allows for problem resolution at the workplace
- have the opportunity to practice varied functions and processes related to Digital Information Technology
- gain industry knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals in their field
- discover innovative ways whereby digital technology information can benefit the Kingdom work
Benefits to Film Theatre Studies Students
By engaging in experiential learning activities and taking experiential learning courses SCE students at Missional University who are pursuing a career in Film Theatre studies are prepared to be missional leaders in two contemporary areas of film and theatre to tell the biblical story through creative new drams that powerfully engage people in their culture and contexts. They:
- apply concepts learned through online courses
- develop competencies that will facilitate ease in transitioning to the professional world
- gain confidence in their ability to tell compelling stories through film and theatre
- develop a work ethic and attitudes towards film and theatre that is consistent with Scriptures and will contribute towards forwarding God’s mission on earth.
Benefits to Music and Ethnodoxology Students
By engaging in experiential learning activities and taking experiential learning courses SCC students at Missional University who are pursuing a career in Music Ethno doxology become adept in the use of indigenous forms of expression in the missional service of making God’s name famous among the nations. They:
- apply principles and theories of music and worship in a real-world setting
- acquire analytical and evaluative skills in discerning music that strikes a balance between biblical appropriateness and cultural sensitivity
- develop practice in the field of music and ethnodoxology that communicates the precepts and worthiness of God
- research indigenous forms of expression of worship and find ways to redeem them towards worship of God
- develop necessary attitudes, spiritual disciplines, and behavior that brings glory to the Creator