DEPARTMENT OF GLOBAL HEALTHCARE & POPULATION STUDIES
Explore Global Healthcare & Population Studies
Undergraduate Certificate programs
- Master of Divinity Dual Degree / MEM
- Master of Divinity Dual Degree / MGH
- Master of Ecological Mission
- Master of Global Health
- Spiritual Resources
- Student Resources
- Library Subject Guides
- News Archive
- Still Have Questions?
- Contact Admissions
About the Department
The Department of Global Healthcare & Population Studies will prepare students to engage in the mission field that calls people to work in conjunction with the miracles of God on a daily basis. The courses will provide students a well informed understanding of the medical problems that we face and will provide them the training they will need to deal with them. The courses will also give students a thorough grounding in Scripture to understand the role we all have in the mission field.
Areas of Study
The Department of Global Healthcare & Population Studies offers Graduate Certificates in the fields of Demography in Global Healthcare, Epidemiology in Global Healthcare, Infectious Diseases & Global Healthcare, Medical Mission Foundations, Palliative Care & the Terminally Ill. We also offer a Master of Global Healthcare Mission in the areas of Demography in Global Healthcare, Patient Centered Family Healthcare, Health Education & Promotion, Global Community Nutrition, Palliative Care & the Terminally Ill, as well as Customized Specializations.
Students who successfully complete the programs in the Department of Global Healthcare & Population Studies will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Demography and global health.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Epidemiology in global healthcare.
- Demonstrate an understanding of infectious diseases and global healthcare.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge ofMedical Mission foundations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Pallitive care and the terminally Ill.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Patient Centered Family Healthcare.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of Health Education and Global community nutrition.