Dr. Brad Pickens, Christian Spirituality
Jointly Appointed Faculty
Kerry McRoberts, DMin
Dean, School of Missional Practice
Professor of Missional Congregations
Missional Apologetics Specialist
International Experience: Mexico; El Salvador; Costa Rica; The Bahamas; Germany; Austria; France; The Azores (Portugal); Denmark; Ireland; Ethiopia; D.R. Congo; Israel; Singapore; Japan; Canada & USA
- Doctor of Ministry, Leadership & Emerging Culture, George Fox Evangelical Theological Seminary, Portland, OR
- Master of Arts, Systematic Theology, Regent College, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Master of Arts, Apologetics, Simon Greenleaf School of Law, Santa Anna, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Sociology, Great Falls University, Great Falls, MT
- Associate of Science, Criminal Justice, Great Falls, University, Great Falls, MT
Master's Thesis (Simon Greenleaf School of Law)
- The Decline of Western Thought and the Rise of the New Age
Master's Thesis (Regent College)
- Faith Founded On Fact: The Apologetic Theology of John Warwick Montgomery
Doctoral Dissertation (George Fox Evangelical Theological Seminary)
- Following Jesus to Burning Man: Recovering the Church’s Vocation
- Christian Thought
- Contemporary Issues
- Adjunct Professor, North Central University, Minneapolis, MN
- Adjunct Professor, Crown College, St. Bonifacius, MN
- Associate Faculty, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Assistant Professor, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
- Adjunct Professor, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO
- Visiting Lecturer, Asia Theological Centre For Evangelism & Missions (ATCEM), Singapore
- Adjunct Professor, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Seniors/Pastoral Care & Teaching Pastor, Christian Life Center, Port Orchard, WA
- Lead Pastor, Bayside Community Church, Kingston, WA
- Consultant, NWMN 2017 World Missions Paradigm Consultation, Ethiopia, and Congo
- Interim Pastor, Great Grace Assembly Of God, Minneapolis, MN.
- Interim Pastor, Center Point Assembly Of God, Menomonie, WI
- Consultant, The Nishimura Associates, LLC (Consulted with churches on building projects, specifically assisted living communities)
- Lead Pastor, Kings Circle Assembly Of God, Corvallis, OR
- Interim Pastor, New Harvest Assembly Of God, Pe Ell, WA
- Lead Pastor, Sumner Assembly Of God, Sumner, WA
- Christian Education Representative, Tacoma Section, Northwest District of the Assemblies of God
- Senior Pastor, Bethel Assembly Of God, Pe Ell, WA
- Associate Pastor, Queen Anne Christian Center, Seattle, WA
- Pulpit Supply, Democratic Republic of West Germany
- Insanity! How Can Sanity and Civility Be Restored to A Culture in The Process of Being Turned Over to Itself? (Eugene, OR: WIPF & Stock Publishers, Resource Publications, 2018). (Endorsement: Dr. Jim Heugel, Provost, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA).
- A Letter from Christ: Apologetics in Cultural Transition (Lanham, MD: University Press, 2011). (Cover endorsement: Dr. George O. Wood, former General Superintendent, General Council of the Assemblies of God). (Please see attached letter of recommendation from: George O. Wood).
- Following Jesus to Burning Man: Recovering the Church’s Vocation (Lanham, MD: Hamilton Books, 2011); Forward by Dr. Leonard Sweet, George Fox Evangelical Seminary, futurist, international speaker.
- New Age or Old Lie? (Peabody, MA.: Hendrickson Publishers, 1989); Forward by Dr. Ronald Enroth, Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA. (Please see attached letter of recommendation from Ronald Enroth).
- Co-Author, Ten Things Satan Doesn’t Want You To Know (Portland, OR: Multnomah Publishers, 1998). Other authors: Charles Swindoll, Billy Graham, Ron Mehl, Charles Colson, Erwin Lutzer, John Piper, Jay Carty, Charles Ryrie and Ray Stedman.
- Co-Author/Contributor, Systematic Theology: A Pentecostal Perspective, Chapter 5: “The Holy Trinity.” Editor: Stanley M. Horton (Springfield, MO.: Logion Press, 1994).
- Co-Author, In Search of Truth (Springfield, MO.: Radiant Life, 1997); other authors: Paul W. Smith and Clancy P. Hayes.
- Profile of The Cults, Teacher Guide, (Springfield, MO.: Gospel Publishing House, 1994).
- Profile of The Cults, Student Guide, (Springfield, MO.: Gospel Publishing House, 1994)
- The New Age Movement, Teacher Guide, (Springfield, MO.: Gospel Publishing House, 1994).
- The New Age Movement, Student Guide, (Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 1994).
- Co-Authored (W/Timothy Munyon), Argumentation: Valid and Invalid Forms, (Lionhearted Publications, 1993)
- Co-Author (Jim R. Spencer and Ken Horn), “Is Mormonism Christian?” (Assemblies of God Statement on the LDS Church, 1999 2008), http://truthandgrace.com/Assemblyonmormon.htm
- “Reaching the New Age Pagan,” Raider Publications, November 1999
- “What Pastors Need to Know About Cults,” Enrichment, Summer, 1998
- “Understanding the New Age,” Enrichment, Fall, 1998
- “The Religion of Mormonism: The Priesthood, Mormonism’s Foundation,” Enrichment, Winter, 1999
- “The Religion of Islam,” Enrichment, Spring, 1999
- The Greenback, “The Cost of Commitment,” Simon Greenleaf Student Bar Association, February, 1985
- The Greenbag, “Simon Greenleaf Alumni In Action,” Simon Greenleaf School of Law Review, April, 1987.
- “Where Is History Going? A Reconstruction of Christian Historiography,” Presented to: Northwest Evangelical Theological Society, Tacoma, WA. (Spring, 1996)
- “The Spiritual Dangers of the New Age,” Presented at the Ministers and Wives Retreat, Northwest District of the Assemblies of God, Yakima, WA. (October, 1988)
- Religion-Link: A Mormon for President? May 15, 2006 (http://www.religionlink.com/tip_060515.php)
- Caribbean Radio Network— “The Holy Trinity” (Series on the Trinity was aired throughout the Caribbean), June, 2002.
- The Daily News, Kelso, WA., Aug. 1995, Religious Editor Interview: “The Dangers of Spiritual Fog.”
- Charisma Magazine, “Subliminal Messages,” October, 1990
- Trinity Broadcasting Network, (Seattle Affiliate), New Age emphasis, 1989
- KKLA, Los Angeles, CA (1988; Apologetics one hour call in talk show)
- USA Magazine, Dallas, Texas, 1989 (New Age)
- The Seattle Times, September 18, 1987 (article on the New Age).
- KCMS, Seattle, WA, 1986 (emphasis on the occult)
- Finally, I have conducted numerous interviews and/or participated in public debates, in local contexts as a pastor. Whereas subject matter has varied, I have addressed euthanasia (particularly Oregon's "Physician Assisted Suicide Law"), gay marriage, racism, abortion, cults, and the occult.
Civic & Community Service
- Ex-Officio President, Board of Directors, Sharenet (Foodbank/Thrift Store), Kingston, Wa.
- Member, Board of Directors, The Coffee Oasis, Bremerton, Wa. (Outreach Ministry to Homeless Youth)