Karen Hatley, PhD
Professor of Missional Leadership
Collaboration & Networking Specialist
Special Assistant to the President for Mission Partnerships
International Experience: Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Niger, Oman, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Leadership Studies with Specialization in Ministry, Cook School of Leadership, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX
- Summer Seminar, Baptist Historical Sites, Oxford University, Oxford, England
- Summer Seminar, Political & Historical Leadership Sites, Washington, DC
- Graduate Missions Practicum, India
- Graduate Study, International Institute of Biblical Studies, Arab Gulf Branch, UAE; under auspices of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Divinity, Missions & World Christianity, Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Bachelor of Science, Education, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
PhD Doctoral Dissertation
- Missionaries from Everywhere to Everywhere: A Delphi Study to Identify the Emerging Roles of United States Missionaries in the Majority World (Africa, Asia, and Latin America)
- Tour, Martin Luther Historical Sites, International Baptist Convention
- Operating Mission Partnerships, Interdev, Colorado Springs, CO
- Precepts upon Precepts, Instructor Training, Surrey, UK
- Kingdom Connections, Interdev, London, UK
- Holy Land Tour, International Baptist Convention
- Challenge of Islam, London, UK
- Strategy Coordinator Training, International Mission Board, Singapore
- Intercultural & Language Learning Training, Link Care Institute, Fresno, CA
- Collaboration & Network Partnerships
- World Christianity
- Unreached People Groups
- Adjunct Professor, Organizational Leadership, Myanmar Evangelical Graduate Seminary, Yangon, Myanmur
- Adjunct Professor, Organizational Leadership, Evangelical Theological Seminary, Cairo, Egypt
- Adjunct Professor, Organizational Leadership, Uganda Christian University, Kampala, Uganda
- Instructor, Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, Pasadena, CA
- Movement Trainer & Global Support, Beyond (formerly Mission to Unreached Peoples)
- Director, Global Connections, Mission Mobilization Team, Baptist General Convention of Texas, Dallas, TX
- International Connections Leader, WorldconneX Mission Network
- Curriculum Developer & Traininer, WorldconneX Mission Network
- Trainer, International Partnering Associates
- Non-residential missionary to Unreached People Group, Coperative Baptist Fellowship, England and United Arab Emirates
- State Director of Speech and Debate, University Interscholastic League, TX
- High School Teacher, Communications, Katy Independent School District, Katy, TX
- Middle East Women's Leadership Network, Developing Partnerships, London, England, May 2015 and May 2016.
- Eff ective Networking, Irvine, CA, November 2016.
- Missio Nexus Webinar, U.S. Missionary: Come Here or Stay Home? October 2015.
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement, The Expansion of the World Christian Movement (Lesson 6) and The Task Remaining (Lesson 9), over forty presentations in Texas and in Colorado, 2011-2016.
- Church Planting Movement (CPM) training, Singapore, Co-facilitated with Dr. Stan Parks, August 2010.
- Church Planting Movement (CPM) training, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Co-facilitated with Dr. Stan Parks, February 2010.
- COMIBAM Global North-Global South Dialogue, Costa Rica, September 16-20, 2008.
- Woman's Missionary Union Awakening, New Missions Paradigms, First Baptist Church, Longview, TX, August 9, 2008.
- Woman's Missionary Union of Texas, 128th Annual Meeting, Missionary Testimony, Waco, TX, April 18, 2008.
- Inside Out Weekends, 2008-2010.
- Gospel for Muslims keynote conference speaker, Helping Muslims Follow Christ, Park Cities Baptist Church, Dallas, TX, October 2007.
- International Baptist Convention, Mission Trends in the 21st Century, Women's Retreat, Dubai, UAE, May 2007.
- Forming Mission Partnerships, Penang, Malaysia, Co-facilitated with Dr. Kent Parks and Dr. Stan Parks, March-April, 2003. Creating Mission Partnerships, Penang, Malaysia, Co-facilitated with Dr. Kent Parks, Dr. Stan Parks, and John Rogers, March-April, 2002.
- Smith County Baptist Associational Meeting, Tyler, TX, 2001.
- Bible Study Leader, Women's Retreat, International Baptist Convention, Dorfweil, Germany, April 1999.
- WMU House Party, Missionary Spotlight, Baylor University, Waco, TX, Summer 1998.
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Society of Missiology
- Association of Mission Professors
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Missio Nexus
- International Partnering Associates
- Middle East Women's Leadership Network
- National Speech and Debate Association – life member, diamond key coach
- Texas Speech Communication Association – life member