Faculty & Staff
Jointly Appointed Faculty
Dr. Wilson Paluri, D.Th.
Professor of Hindu Studies
International Experience: Germany, India
- Doctor of Theology (D.Th.), Specialization: Hinduism (Indian Philosophy), NIIPGTS, Serampore University, India
- Master of Theology (M.Th.), Specialization: Religions (Hinduism), NIIPGTS, Serampore University, India
- Bachelor of Divinity (B.D.), Union Biblical Seminary, Serampore University, India
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), Specialization: Chemistry, Wadia College, Pune University, India
- Bachelor of Arts, Religion, Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, ID
- Rāmānuja’s Contribution to a Liberative Social Philosophy and its Contemporary Relevance
Master of Theology Thesis
- A Study of the Concept of Agni in Select Sruti Texts and its Relevance to Christian Theology in India
Bachelor of Divinity Thesis
- The Christian-Muslim Inter-Religious Dialogue as a Means of Witness to the Respective Communities in India
- Assistant Professor, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune (India)
- Lecturer, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune (India)
- Short-term Internship, Missionsakademie, University of Hamburg, Germany.
- Lecturer, New Theological College, Dehradun (India)
- Lecturer, Calcutta Bible College, Kolkata (India)
- Hinduism and Indian Philosophy
- Histories and Cultures of India
- Indian Social Philosophy
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Vicar, Old Mission Church, Kolkata (India)
- Coordinator of Publications, New Theological College, Dehradun (India)
- Production Supervisor, Bajaj Tempo Ltd., Pune (India)
- Youth Director, Gethsemane Fellowship, Pune (India)
- Wilson Paluri (ed.) and et.al, Christian Engagement in Social Change: The Role of Theological Education, New Delhi: Christian World Imprints, 2018.
- “Viable Social Philosophy for Religious Commitment towards Social Change”, Christian Engagement in Social Change: The Role of Theological Education, New Delhi: Christian World Imprints, 2018, pp. 143-153.
- "Framing of Liberative Social Philosophy from Sri Rāmānujācārya’s Thought”, New Life Theological Journal, 7.1 Jan.-June 2017, pp. 37-52.
- “An Indian Social Philosophy Derived from Sri Rāmānujācārya’s Life and Teachings”, Union Biblical Seminary Journal, 11.1, March 2017, pp. 37-50.
- “Role of Religion in Social and Ecological Emancipation with Special Reference to Rāmānuja’s Thought”, Journal of Mission and Intercultural Studies, 3:1, Jan.-June 2016, pp. 103-122.
- "Philosophical Communitarian Ethics in Rāmānuja’s Exposition of Bhagvad Gītā 18.66”, Union Biblical Seminary Journal, 9.2, March 2016, pp. 147-173.
- “Religious Interactions in a Globalized World: A Prospect for Mission in India”, SATHRI Journal: A Journal of Contextual Theology, 8:1, April 2014, pp. 38-60.
- “Religious Convergence and Globalization in the Indian Context”, Journal of Mission and Intercultural Studies, 1:1, April 2014, pp. 77-87.
- “A Study of Religious Tenets of Hinduism and Buddhism for Ecological Significance”, Indian Journal of Theology, 54:1&2, 2012, pp. 159-173.
- “Indian Philosophical Approach to the Study of Religion with Special Reference to Swami Vivekananda’s Contribution”, The SATHRI Journal, 5:1&2, Dec. 2011, pp. 7-37.
- “A Creative Use of Rāmānuja’s Visistadvaita Vedanta in Indian Christian Theology: An Appraisal of the Theologies of A. J. Appasamy and Dhanjibhai Fakirbhai”, Doon Theological Journal, 6:2, 2009, pp. 179-201.
- “Agni Kristvidya (Fire Christology): A Comprehensive Model of Spirit Christology”, Doon Theological Journal, 3:3, 2006, pp. 162-179.
- “Creative Interaction between Humanism and Reformation and its Implication for Indian Context today” (paper presented at the Annual Alumni Gathering, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune on 22nd Nov. 2017)
- "Luther’s Reformation and its Implications in the Indian Context” (paper presented at a Seminar for Church Leaders, Mumbai on 22nd Sept. 2017)
- “The Role of the Local Church in Missions” (paper presented at the Church Retreat, Mumbai on 27th August 2017)
- “A Study of Religious Extremism and Fundamentalism from the Perspective of the History of Religions” (paper presented at a Workshop on Religious Fundamentalism at St. Paul’s Church, Pune on 11th Oct. 2016)
- “Contemporary Review of Buddhism in Bangkok, Sri Lanka and Bhutan” (paper presented at International School for Missionaries Training Program, Adventist Media Centre, Pune on 3rd Oct. 2016)
- “Evangelistic Methods used for Buddhists in Bhutan and Sri Lanka” (paper presented at International School for Missionaries Training Program, Adventist Media Centre, Pune on 29th July 2014)
- “A Humanist Ethics; A Study on the Social Philosophy of Jürgen Habermas” (paper presented at Studienabend, Missionsakademie on 12th Nov. 2013)
- “Hindu Ethics” (paper prepared at a seminar on “World Ethics Forum” at Breklum, Germany on 4th Nov. 2013)
- “Developing a Relevant Theology from the Writings of Krishna Mohan Benerjea” (paper presented at a seminar on ‘Krishna Mohan Banerjea’s Contribution’ at Bishop’s College, Kolkata on 16th August 2012)
Membership in Professional and Academic Organizations
- Member of Student Christian Movement (SCM), Kolkata (India)
- Member of Organizing Committee, United Churches Sunday School, Kolkata (India)
- English, Bilingual Fluency
- Hindi, Bilingual Fluency
- Sanskrit, Bilingual Fluency
- Telugu, Native Fluency
- Marathi, Bilingual Fluency
- Hebrew, German (Academic)