Steven Ibbotson, PhD
Provost & Chief Academic Officer
Professor of Administrative Leadership
International Experience: Canada, England, Philippines, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Leadership and Administration, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA, USA
- Master of Divinity, Prairie Graduate School, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Career Paths of Bible College Presidents
Master of Divinity Graduate Research Project
- “1 Timothy 6:3-19 in Light of the Socioeconomic Situation of the Church of Ephesus," Supervisor: Dr. Chuck Guth
- Department Chair, Church & Ministry Department, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Professor, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Enrollment Management Committee, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Facilities Planning Committee, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Student Life Committee, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Planning Committee, Annual Missions Conference, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Assistant to the Dean, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Christian Education Coordinator, Prairie Christian Academy, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Administrative Leadership
- Christian Education
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Elder, Prairie Tabernacle Congregation, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Action Canada Board Member, Action International Ministries, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Client Rights Advocacy Committee, Rehoboth Christian Ministries, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Board Member, Three Hills Food Bank, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Board Member, Three Hills Thrashers Jr B Hockey Club, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Commissioner, Prairie Slo-Pitch League, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Minor Officials Co-ordinator, Pilots Athletics, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Off-Court Official, Pilots Basketball, Alberta College Athletic Conference
- Steve on Sports, Prairie Bible College Radio show, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- (forthcoming). Review of Community Partner Guide to Campus Collaborations by Christine M. Cress, Stephanie T. Stokamer, & Joyce P. Kaufman (Stylus, 2015) in Reflective Teaching. http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29229
- ( March 27, 2015). How to Speak Your Leader’s Love Language, Paul J. Sohn’s Salt & Light blog. http://paulsohn.org/how-to-speak-your-leaders-love-language/
- (March 26, 2015). Review of Focus on Teaching: Using Video for High-Impact Instruction by Jim Knight (Corwin, 2014) in Reflective Teaching http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29229
- (February 12, 2015). Review of Overcoming Adversity in Academia: Stories from Generation X Faculty by Elmwood Watson (editor). (University Press of America, 2014) in Reflective Teaching http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29182
- (July 2014). Review of Random Thoughts IV: The Passion of Teaching by Louis Schmier (New Forums, 2012) in Teaching Theology & Religion, 17 (3), 289-290.
- (July 2013), Review of Social Media for Educators: Strategies and Best Practices by Tanya Joosten (Jossey-Bass, 2012) in Teaching Theology & Religion, 16 (777), e27-28. available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/teth.12079/full
- (2013, February 12). But will it get me a job? ChristianWeek available at http://www.christianweek.org/stories.php?id=2270
- (February 2008). Make time for Life’s Priorities, ChristianWeek (Manitoba edition), 21 (22), 24-25.
- (2007, November 1). Start Out Right, ChristianWeek, 21 (16), 1. (Focus on Higher Education supplement section)
- (2006, October 1). Good Gratitude, ChristianWeek, 20 (14), 6.
- (2006). Being Leaders, Building Leaders, and Leading Leaders (book reviews), Christian Education Journal, 3 (1), 157-202.
- (2006). What the Best College Teachers Do (book review), Christian Higher Education, 5 (2), 101-103.
- (2006). Career Paths of Bible College Presidents, Biblical Higher Education Journal, 1, 37- 59.
- (2005, October 28). Locked Out: Leadership Lessons from the NHL, ChristianWeek, 19 (16), 10-11.
- (2005, March 4). Bursting the bubble: Life after Bible College, ChristianWeek, 18 (24), 4-5. (Higher Education supplement).
- (2005). Team-Based Learning: A Transformative use of Small Groups (book review), Teaching Theology & Religion, 8 (1), 65-66.
- (2004, August). Get the most out of your school year: recommendations for students of all ages, and their parents, Christian Current, Ottawa Edition, 3 (6), 14.
- (2004). What the Best College Teachers Do (book review), College Quarterly, 7 (3). http://www.senecac.on.ca/quarterly/2004-vol07-num03-summer/index.html Reprinted with permission in CTLA Update, 4 (6), 5. (July 2007) (Northwestern Health Sciences University, Center for Teaching, Learning and Assessment)
- (2004, April 27). What if Church was more like Friends? Christian Week, 18 (3), 8.
- (2004, February). Leadership Lessons from Reality TV, The CEO Refresher, 11 (2.1). http://www.refresher.com/ceo.html
- (2003, November 11). “Some things money can’t buy,” Christian Week, 17 (17), 8-9. also published as (2003, September). Bible Colleges gaining credibility, Christian Current, Golden Triangle Edition, 2 (7), 6.
- (2003). The Possible Dream, Servant 67, 4. http://www.pbi.ab.ca/Servant/Serv_Iss67_SU03.pdf
- (2000, September). Survivor: Postmodern Paradox, Next-Wave http://www.next-wave.org/sep00/survivor.htm
- (1999, June), “2 Timothy (Computer Assisted Learning course),” Alberta Bible College, Calgary, AB.
- (1998, Fall). The Moral Quest (book review), Canadian Evangelical Theological Association Journal (Fall 1998).
- (1997, 2000). Ethics, Prairie Bible College Distance Education Course, Three Hills, AB.
- (1997). Redeeming the Net. Harvester (Prairie Bible Institute Alumni Magazine). Winter 1997.
- (2015, October 22). “Boys to Men,” workshop presentation at ACSI Alberta Teachers Conference, Calgary, AB.
- (2012, July 8-13). Chapel speaker for TrailBlazers camp (entering grades 5-7). Camp Evergreen, Sundre, AB.
- (2012, March 16). “Parenting a Disabled Child,” workshop presentation at Treasuring Jesus (Marriage & Family Life Conference), Three Hills, AB.
- (2011, October 20). “Missions Matters,” workshop presentation at ACSI Alberta Teachers Conference, Calgary, AB.
- (2011, April 2). “Parenting a Disabled Child,” workshop presentation at Marriage by Design, Family Life Conference, Three Hills, AB.
- (2008, October 2). “Communicate like a Leader,” and “Building Teams that Work” workshop presentations at ACSI Student Leadership Conference, Camp Caroline, AB.
- (2008, July 14-21). Chapel speaker for pre-teen camp (ages 11-13). Camp Little Red, Bowden, AB.
- (2005, June 25-July 2). Lake-of-the-Trees Bible Camp staff training. Williams Lake, BC.
- (2005, March 6). What does it mean to be a missions leader in the 21 st century? ACTION International Ministries International Council Meetings, Cochrane, AB.
- (2004, July 21-23). Joy in Ministry. Pastoral Care Conference hosted by Christian Growth Ministries, Dasmarinas, Cavite, Philippines.
- (2002, February 9). MTV: Media Teaching Values. KickStart 2002 (youth conference) at Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, AB.
- (2001, May 25-27). Exploring the Benefits of Team Teaching in Canadian Bible Colleges, Association of Canadian Bible Colleges annual conference, Regina, SK.
- (2000, November 23). Prayer in the Psalms. Prairie Bible College Faculty Symposium, Three Hills, AB.
- (1999, February 18-21). What are you Watching? KickStart 1999 (youth conference) at Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, AB.
- (1998, November 13). Ethics in Postmodernity. Seeing Then Seeing Now at Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, AB. (also served as coordinator for this three-day conference)
- (1996 November). Computers and Children’s Ministry. Train 96, First Alliance Church, Calgary, Alberta.
- (1996 October). Missions and the Internet. Mission 96 Conference, Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, AB.