Rosa Oré, EdD (candidate)
Chief Operations Officer
Instructor in Latino Studies
International Women's Health Specialist
International Experience: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama, USA
- Doctor of Education, Adult Education and Human Resources Development (candidate), Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
- Graduate Certificate, Global Health and Latino Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
- Master of Arts, Latin America, Caribbean and Latino Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
- in progress
- Title IX Investigator
- Director of Career Development, The Dan Marino Foundation, Miami, FL
- Undergraduate Instructor, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Undergraduate Senior Academic Advisor, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Undergraduate Academic Advisor, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Executive Assistant, New York City Department of Education, New York, NY
- Academic Program Specialist, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- President, Unforgettable Elegance, Event Planning, New York, NY
International and Community Involvement
- Researcher, International Women's Health Panama, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Study Abroad Lead Advisor, El Salvador, University of South Florida Polytechnic, Lakeland, FL
- Un Techo Para Mi Pais, Liaison for University of South Florida Tampa
- Graduate Vounteer, Women's Health Collaborative Program, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Assistant to Television Producer, Paula White Ministries, Tampa, FL
- Ore, Rosa and J. Naranjo. (February, 2017). The Returning Student: Creating a Readmission Committee to Effectively Admit and Advise Readmitted Students. Florida International University Advisor Conference. Miami, FL.
- Ore, Rosa, and J. Naranjo. (March 2016). Quality vs. Concern for Online Students: The Limitations of Online Resources Such as Counseling Services. NACADA Region 4 Conference 2016. Orlando, FL.
- McGill, Craig, K. Tyburczy, and R. Ore. (October, 2015). Looking Inward: Examining One’s Professional Identity and Advising Practice. NACADA National Conference 2015. Las Vegas, NV.
- Ore, Rosa, McGill, Craig, K. Tyburczy, and M. Valenzuela. (May,2015). The Golden Ticket: Infusing your Advising Identity into an Action Plan for Success. FLACADA Drive-In Conference 2015. Miami, FL.
- Ore, Rosa, McGill, C., Valenzuela, M. (April, 2014). Advising Hispanic Pre-Law Students in a World Where Minority Students are the Majority. NACADA Region 4 Conference 2014. Savannah, GA.
- Ore, Rosa. (March, 2013). Framing Colombian Women’s Beliefs, Values and Attitude Towards Sex and Sexual High-Risk Behaviors. USF Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium, Tampa, FL.
- Hill, K. J., Marshall, B.K., Oré, R., Araya, W. N., Osibanjo, F., & Corvin, J. (March, 2013). Evaluation of Behavioral and Sexual Health among College Fraternity Members in the Tampa Bay Area. USF Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Research Symposium 2013. Tampa, Fl.
- Ore, Rosa. (September, 2011) Conference on Celebrating Community Leadership hosted by the College of Public Health (COPH),University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. Guest speaker on a panel for a session on Women’s Health.
- Ore, Rosa. (June, 2003). “Being a Cutting-Edge Female International Coordinator”. Presented at the Celebrating Worship and Music Conference in Costa Rica, South America.
- Ore, Rosa. (March, 2003). “Being a Cutting-Edge Female Coordinator”. Presented at the Annual Women’s Conference for the Ministers Fellowship Inc. in New York City, NY.
- National Academic Advising Association
- Florida Academic Advising Association
- English, fluent proficiency
- Spanish, fluent proficiency