Steven Ibbotson, PhD
Provost & Chief Academic Officer
Professor of Administrative Leadership
International Experience: Canada, England, Philippines, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Leadership, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA, USA
- Master of Divinity, Prairie Graduate School, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Career Paths of Bible College Presidents
- Adjunct faculty, 2013-present. Prairie Colleges, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada.
- Christian Education Coordinator, 2006-2012, Prairie Christian Academy, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Faculty (full-time), 1996-2006, Prairie Bible College, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Administrative Leadership
- Christian Education
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Elder, Prairie Tabernacle Congregation, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
- Board Member, Action International Ministries, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Volunteer with other non-profit organizations including a junior b hockey team, a local food bank, a ministry for developmentally delayed adults.
- Review of "Social Presence in Online Learning: Multiple Perspectives on Practice & Research" by Aimee L. Whiteside, Amy Garrett Dikkers, & Karen Swan Sterling (Stylus, 2017) in Reflective Teaching (forthcoming)
- Review of "Community Partner Guide to Campus Collaborations" by Christine M. Cress, Stephanie T. Stokamer, & Joyce P. Kaufman (Stylus, 2015) in Reflective Teaching. http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29229
- Review of "Focus on Teaching: Using Video for High-Impact Instruction" by Jim Knight (Corwin, 2014) in Reflective Teaching http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29229
- Review of "Overcoming Adversity in Academia: Stories from Generation X Faculty" by Elmwood Watson (editor). (University Press of America, 2014) in Reflective Teaching http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/article.aspx?id=29182
- Review of "Random Thoughts IV: The Passion of Teaching" by Louis Schmier (New Forums, 2012) in Teaching Theology & Religion, 17 (3), 289-290.
- Review of "Social Media for Educators: Strategies and Best Practices" by Tanya Joosten (Jossey-Bass, 2012) in Teaching Theology & Religion, 16 (777), e27-28. available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/teth.12079/full
- Guest Lecture, Social Problems relating to Disability (October 4, 2017) at Ambrose University, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Boys to Men, Workshop presentation at ACSI Alberta Teachers Conference (October 22, 2015), Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Parenting a Disabled Child, Workshop presentation at Treasuring Jesus (Marriage & Family Life Conference), March 16, 2012, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada.
- Missions Matters, Workshop presentation at ACSI Alberta Teachers Conference (October 20, 2011), Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- What does it mean to be a missions leader in the 21 st century? March 6, 2005 at ACTION International Ministries International Council Meetings, Cochrane, AB.
- Joy in Ministry. Pastoral Care Conference (July 21-23, 2004) hosted by Christian Growth Ministries, Dasmarinas, Cavite, Philippines.