Jointly Appointed Faculty
Dr. Joseph Adelegan, Ph.D.
Professor of Environmental Mission
Environmental Leadership Specialist
International Experience: North America, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Africa, Western Africa, Central Africa, Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, Southern Asia, Eastern Asia, Southeastern Asia, Australia, New Zealand
- Doctor of Management, Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Doctor of Philosophy, Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Masters of Business Administration, Management, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, Nigeria
- Postgraduate Diploma, Structural Engineering, University St. Cyril & Methodius, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
- Environmental Policy
- Management and Leadership
- Organizational Behavior
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Water and Wastewater Engineering
- Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Venda, Thohoyandou, South Africa
- Visiting Professor, Pan African University of Water and Energy Services, Tlemcen, Algeria
- Founder & Board Chair, Green Globe SME Funds, Accra, Ghana
- Head, Environmental and Sustainable Development Unit, ECOWAS Bank for Inverstment and Development, Lome, Togolese Republic
- Managing Director & CEO, Cows to Kilowatts Partnership Limited, Lagos, Nigeria
- Project Director, Lagos State Government, World Bank Headquarters, Washington D.C.
- Founder & CEO, Global Network for Environment and Economic Development Research, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Engineer, SGI Consulting Engineers Limited, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Research and Development Engineer, Zentech International Consultants, Lagos, Nigeria
- Engineer, Profen Consultants Incorporated, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Engineer, Bauchi State Water Board, Bauchi, Nigeria
Publications & Presentations
- Adelegan J.A 2012. Industrial Wastewater Pollution Control in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Adelegan J.A 2011. Electronic Waste Management in Africa: The Challenges and Opportunities with the Growing Telecommunication Industry, Proceedings of the Planet Under Pressure Conference, 26-29 March 2012, London, United Kingdom.
- Adelegan J.A 2011. Financing Water Services in Africa: The Case of the Water Corporation in Nigeria, Proceedings of the University of Oklahoma International Water Conference, 24-25 November 2011, Norman, Oklahoma, USA
- Adelegan J.A. 2010. Green Investment and Business Performance: The African Experience, Proceedings of the 2nd UNITAR/Yale Conference on Governance and Democracy: Strengthening Institutions to address Climate Change and Green Economy, 17-19 September 2010, Yale University, New Haven, USA.
- Adelegan J.A. 2009. Wetland System: A Cheaper and Efficient Treatment Option for Food Processing Wastes in Africa, Proceedings of the World Water Forum, 15-23 August 2009, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Adelegan J.A. 2008. Environmental Compliance, Policy Reform and Industrial Pollution in sub-Saharan Africa, Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on Successful Strategies for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, April 5-11 2008, Cape Town, South Africa, International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, Washington DC, USA.
- Adelegan J.A, Adelegan O.J 2006. Urban Water Services in sub-Saharan Africa: Privatization - The Way Out for Efficient Service Delivery, Proceedings of the Expert Meeting on Public Expenditure and Service Delivery in Africa: Expenditure Management to Improve Access and Delivery, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) organized by UNECA, Addis Ababa and held at Lusaka, Zambia, October 9-11 2006.
- Adelegan J.A. 2005. Urbanisation, Waste Generation and Pollution Abatement Strategies in the New Millennium in sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons from Nigeria, Proceedings of the 6th Open Meeting of the Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change Res, University of Bonn, Germany, October 9-13 2005.
- Adelegan J.A. 2003. Environmental Policy Reform and Pollution by Slaughterhouse Waste in Nigeria, Proceedings of the International Forum on Ecosystem Approaches to Human Health, eds Jean Lebel, International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and held at Montreal, Canada between May 18 and 23 2003.
- Adelegan J.A. 2002. Privatization of Water Supply for Efficient Service Delivery in Nigerian Hydraulic Engineering Software edited C.A. Brebbia and W.R. Blain and Published by WIT Press, UK.
- Adelegan J.A. 2002. Environmental Policy and Slaughterhouse Waste in Nigeria, Proceedings of the 28th WEDC Conference eds Ian Smout, organized by the Loughborough University of Technology, United Kingdom and held at Calcutta, India, November 18-22 2002.
- Adelegan J.A. 2001. Urban Solid Waste Generation Pattern and Health in Mid-21st Century in Nigeriain Environmental Health Risk, edited D. Fajzieva and C.A. Brebbiaand. Published by WIT, UK
- Adelegan J.A. 2001. Rainwater as a Supplementary Source of Water Supply in Nigeria, Proceedings of the 10th Biannual International Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (IRCSA) Conference held at Mannheim, Germany between 10-14 Sept 2001.
- Adelegan J.A, Adelegan O.J. 2001. Investment Appraisal of the Privatization of Water Supply in Nigeria, Proceedings of the 27th WEDC Conference eds Ian Smout, organized by the Loughborough University of Technology, United Kingdom and held at Lusaka, Zambia between 20th-24th August 2001.
- Adelegan J.A, Ojo S.I.A. 1999. Low Cost Urban Sanitation in Nigeria, Proceedings of the 25th WEDC Conferenceeds J.A. Pickford, pp. 1115, organized by the Loughborough University of Technology, United Kingdom and held at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia between Aug 30 and Sep 3, 1999.
- French, basic fluency
- English, native fluency