Faculty & Staff
Jointly Appointed Faculty
Dr. Karen Nava
Professor of Visual Communication
Global Communication Specialist
International Experience: Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Honduras, Mexico, Belgium, UK, France, Spain, Cuba
- PhD in Mass Communication, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Master of Arts in International Affairs for the Communication and Development Program with a minor in Visual Communication, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Science, Bolivian Catholic University, La Paz, Bolivia
- Life with Information and Communication Technologies in the DC Metropolitan Area's Immigrant Bolivian Household
- UX Design Certification, HowDesign University
- Creative Direction, Branding and Visual Identity
- Outreach & Communications
- Advocacy, Health and Education Publications; Repository Management
- Senior Creative & Publications Director, UNIDOS US/National Council of La Raza, Washington, D.C.
- Outreach Specialist & Communications Consultant, Mayor's Office on Latino Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Creative Specialist, Neighborhood & Communication Services, Fairfax Government, Fairfax, VA
- Freelance Creative Specialist, Mary's Center, Washington, D.C.
- Freelance Creative Specialist, Cancer Support Community, Washington, D.C.
- Freelance Creative Specialist, Casita Maria Center for the Arts & Education, New York, NY
- Freelance Creative Specialist, Richard Izquierdo Health & Sceince Charter School, New York, NY
- National Communications Consultant, Population Education Project UNESCO/UNFPA, Bolivia
- Communications Consultant, Ministry of Education, Government of Bolivia
- Communications & Publications Manager, National Network for Social Action Organizations (UNITAS), La Paz, Bolivia
- English, native or bilingual proficiency
- Spanish, native or bilingual proficiency