Faculty & Staff
Jointly Appointed Faculty
Dr. Mary Kay Park, PhD
Professor of Intercultural Communication
Narrative Communication Specialist
International Experience: South Korea, Japan, China (Hong Kong & Taiwan), Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, Thailand, India, Mexico, Jamaica, Australia, Malaysia, Israel, Canada
- Doctor of Philosophy, Intercultural Studies, Cook School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Master of Arts, Urban Teaching, Concordia University, River Forest, IL
- Master of Church Music, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- Masters of Music, Piano Performance, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
- Bachelor of Arts, Piano Performance, Tennessee Temple University, Chattanooga, TN
- Activating generative learning in organizations through optimizing relational strategies
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Certificate, Standford Center for Professional Development, Standford University, Stanford, CA, USA
- Future of Learning/Learning Innovation Certification, Learning Innovation Design Team, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Intercultural Awareness Profile Licensee Certification, Fons Trompenaars Hampden-Turner (THT) Consulting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Certified Qualified Administrator, Intercultural Development Inventory, IDI, LLC, Olney, MD, USA
- Intercultural Communication
- Narrative Communication
- Intercultural Competency Development
- Intercultural Assessment
- Guest Lecturer, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Adjunct Professor, Intercultural Communication, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Adjunct Professor, Intercultural Competency, Power & Identity in the Intercultural Context, Middlebury Institute of International Studies, Monterey, CA
- Adjunct Professor, Intercultural & Narrative Communication, Gateway Seminary, Ontario, CA
- Executive Managing Director, Far East Broadcasting Company-Korea, Los Angeles, CA
- CEO & Founder, Intercultural Cue, Brea, CA,
- “A Cross-Cultural Assessment of Voluntary Unpaid Overtime in Organizations.” International Academy of Management and Business (IAMB): Management in a Multi-and Cross-Cultural Arena. Full Manuscript Published Electronically and Abstract Published in Hardbound Copy, November 2011.
- Textbook Publication Reviewer, 2013, 2015, & 2016 (Repeated engagements, various Sage Social Science Publications).
Public Lectures & Presentations
- Steer Inc., Conference Speaker, Bismarck, ND, October 2014
- Hope University, Guest Lecturer, September 2014
- Sarang Community Church, Anaheim, CA, Women’s Annual Tea, Keynote Speaker, Lecture title: The Art of Living Messy, 2011
- Biola University, Women’s (Ruby Women Keynote, 2015)
- Joy in the Journey, Inspirational Talk for Women Leadership
- Belhaven University, Jackson, MS, Chapel Speaker, October 2017
- Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC, April 2018
- Trinity Baptist Church, Asheville, NC, April 2018
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies, May 2018 (Worldview Talk Series)
- CAHEA (Christian Adult Higher Education Association), Keynote, June 2018. Ridgecrest, NC
- American Fisheries Society (AFS), Conference Speaker, August 2018, Jersey City, NJ
- “Reducing Marginality, Increasing Mutuality, and Deepening Intercultural Connections: Through Narrative Communication and Digital Medial Production,” Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Vancouver, British Columbia, June 2014.
- “Capturing the Power of Storytelling for Intercultural Solutions” (Digital Storytelling as a platform for harnessing intercultural solutions), Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Portland, Oregon, October 2014.
- "Leveraging User Created Content (UCC) in Intercultural Context: Benefits and Challenges ," Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Valencia, Spain, May 2015.
- "Fifteen Insights from Narratives that Enchant Intercultural Audiences, Clients, and the Global Workforce," Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Orlando, Florida, October 2015.
- "Aggregating Global Solutions with Creative Design, Platforms, and Models (Need, Gap, & Opportunity)," Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Tulsa, Oklahoma, October 2016.
- "Interculturalists Toolkit for Content Production: Best Practices from Cultural Industries for Meaning Production, Shared Agency, and Mediating Representation," Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, Dublin, Ireland, May 2017.
- "A research-based approach to building a generative learning culture through Mutual Learning Enactment Theory," Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research, San Diego, California, October 2017.
- “Visual Narrative Tactics,” International Orality Network (ION), Colorado Springs, Colorado, September 2017.
- Conference Panel Chaired, International Academy of Management and Business (IAMB San Francisco, November 7-9, 2011), International Business Breakout Session Chair, Theme: Management in a Multi- and Cross-Cultural Arena.
- Member, Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research (SIETAR-USA)
- National Board member & Research Taskforce and Diversity & Inclusion Taskforce, American Camp Association (ACA)
- English, native fluency
- Korean, native fluency