Faculty & Staff
Jointly Appointed Faculty
Dr. Frederick Pirone, PhD
Professor of Anthropology of Art
Ethno Visual Art Specialist
International Experience: Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Central America and Caribbean
- Ph.D. in Applied Anthropology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Juris Doctorate, American University, Washington, D.C.
- M.B.A, American University, Washington, D.C.
- B.S. in Business Administration, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Adjunct Professor, Sanford Brown College, Tampa, FL
- Adjunct Professor, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL
- Research Assistant, Washington, D.C.
- Litigation, a transactional attorney, and coverage counsel, Tampa, FL
Presentations & Publications
- Tanasi, D., R.H. Tykot, F. Pirone, and E. McKendtry 2018. Chemical characterization of EBA/MBA pottery from Ognina (Sicily). A comparison of XRF and pXRF for analysis of ancient pottery, in E. Herring and E. O’Donoghue (eds.), The Archaeology of Death: Proceedings of the Seventh Conference of Italian Archaeology, Galway: Archaeopress Publishing.
- Tanasi, D., R.H. Tykot, F. Pirone, and E. McKendtry 2017. Provenance study of prehistoric ceramics from Sicily: a comparative study between pXRF and XRF. Open Archaeology 3:222-234.
- Pirone, F. and R.H. Tykot 2017. Trace elemental characterization of Maltese pottery from the late Neolithic to middle Bronze Age, in D. Tanasi, R. Tykot and A. Vianello (eds.), Open Archaeology: Topical Issue on Portable XRF in Archaeology and Museum Studies, Berlin: De Gruyter.
- Pirone, F. 2017. Dissertation: Trade, Interaction and Change: Trace Elemental Characterization of Maltese Neolithic to Middle Bronze Age Ceramics Using a Portable X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer. http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/etd/6930
- Tykot, R.H., C. Alexander, K. Brown, K. Freund, S. McClure, E. Mckendry, A. Moore, F. Pirone, E. Podrug, D. Tanasi, M. Teoh, P.M. van Leusen, A. Vianello & P. Woodruff. 2015. Pre- and ProtoHistoric Pottery Production and Exchange in the Central Mediterranean: The Use of NonDestructive pXRF. 116th Annual Meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America, January 8-11, New Orleans, LA.
- Pirone, F. 2007. Book: Chasing the Divine: Essays and Notes on God and Creation.