- Office of the Provost
- Office of Academic Effectiveness
- Educational Deans
- Academic Deans
- Faculty Governance & Committees
- Faculty Searches
- Faculty Work/Life
Welcome to Academic Administration
The academic administration at Missional University is comprised of the Provost / Chief Academic Officer who works collaboratively with 9 Deans of the various schools and colleges to provide administrative oversight and promote faculty governance among their global constituents and fellow laborers to achieve the goals and purposes of Missional University.
There are three Educational Deans which provide administrative oversight for three vital areas of support for the rest of the university: Online Education (Educational Technology), the School of Experiential Learning, and the School of Professional Education.
There are six Academic Deans at Missional University which oversee and facilitate faculty governance of six distinct schools with over 90 unique programs of study: the School of Community Ministry, the School of Creative Expression, the School of Ecological Mission, the School of Missional Practice, the School of Theological Studies, and The Missional College.
The Role of the Deans
Each of these Deans has the following primary responsibilities in conjunction with Provost and various Department Chairs of their respective schools:
- Collaborate with fellow faculty, the Provost and the President of Missional University in the articulation of and advocacy for priorities in new hires, new initiatives, and strategic planning;
- Oversee the development and quality of the curriculum;
- Effectively review curriculum proposals as prescribed in the curriculum adoption process;
- Facilitate dialogue with faculty on vital topics related to the initiatives of the school or college;
- Process requests for exceptions to college policy from within the division.
- Oversee department budget planning and expenditure procedures;
- Assist in the scheduling of courses based on department planning in consultation with individual faculty members;
- Facilitate faculty searches;
- Facilitate the orientation of new faculty;
- Facilitate the growth, and development of all Members of the Faculty
- Monitor the quality of advising;
- Work effectively and cooperatively within the university structure (e.g., offices of the Registrar, the Dean, the Provost, Student Development, Admissions, HR, Finance, etc.);
- Foster collegiality and community within the school or college and its departments