Jonathan Huggins, PhD
Professor of Historical Theology
Christian Spirituality Specialist
International Experiences: Canada, Kenya, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Master of Arts in Religion, Theological Studies, Reformed Theological Seminary (Global), Charlotte, NC
- Master of Arts, Biblical & Theological Studies, Wheaton College Graduate School, Wheaton, IL
- Bachelor of Science, Christian Ministry, Shorter College, Rome, GA
- The reformed tradition always reforming? : a historical-theological study of the doctrine of justification in the works of John Calvin, Jonathan Edwards and N.T. Wright
Master's Thesis (Wheaton)
- Jonathan Edwards on justification by faith alone : an analysis of his thought and defense of his orthodoxy
- Adjunct Professor of Religion, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, TN
- Chaplain and Adjunct Professor, Berry College, Mount Berry, GA
- Research Associate, Systematic Theology and Ecclesiology, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Adjunct Instructor, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA
- Adjunct Instructor of Religion, Shorter College, School of Professional Programs, Lawrenceville, GA
- Adjunct Instructor, Atlanta Christian College (Point University), East Point, GA
- Bible Teacher, Campus Pastor, Asst. Baseball Coach, Heritage Academy, Flowery Branch, GA
- Systematic & Historical Theology
- New Testament Studies
- Church History
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Assistant Pastor for Worship,Discipleship and Leadership Training, GracePointe Community Church (PCA), Cumming, GA
- Assistant Pastor for Youth and Families, Hixson Presbyterian Church (PCA), Hixson, TN
- Living Justification: A Historical-Theological Study of the Reformed Doctrine of Justification in the Writings of John Calvin, Jonathan Edwards and N. T. Wright (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2013)
- Study Guide to John Frame's "Salvation Belongs to the Lord" (Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R, 2014)
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- “N.T. Wright on Justification: Faithfully Embodying the Reformed Tradition of Semper Reformanda?” in NGTT DEEL 53 NO 3 & 4 SEPTEMBER & DECEMBER 2012 (Dutch Reformed Theological Journal), 145-159. “Jonathan Edwards and Justification: Embodying a Living Tradition,” Journal of Reformed Theology, 8.1 (2014) 169-202. “The Providence of God in the Acts of the Apostles,” In Scriptura, [S.l.], v. 113, p. 1-10, Jan. 2015. “N.T. Wright and the Historical Adam,” The Bulletin of Ecclesial Theology, forthcoming, 2018.
Chapters in Books
- “Jonathan Edwards, Jr” in Kenneth P. Minkema and Adriaan Neele, Eds, A Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia (Eerdmans, 2017).
- “N.T. Wright and Justification.” 2010 Annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- “Jonathan Edwards and Justification.” 2011 Jonathan Edwards Society Annual Conference.
- “Jonathan Edwards and Justification: Living Traditions, Ecumenical Dialogue, and Global Theology.” Joint Conference of Academic Societies in the Field of Religion and Theology, South Africa, June, 2012.
- “Practices for Effective Campus Chaplaincy.” Panelist at NetVUE Chaplaincy Conference, September 26-27, 2014.
Academic & Professional Memberships
- Center for Pastor Theologians
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Jonathan Edwards Society
- Conference on Faith and History
- American Society of Church History
- National Association of College and University Chaplains
- Modern Languages
- English, Native or Bilingual Proficiency
- Spanish, Elementary Proficiency