Vinod John, PhD
Dean, Theological College of Asia
Senior Professor of Missional & Social Theology
Asian Theology Specialist
International Experiences: Canada, India, Singapore, South Korea, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mission & Evangelization Studies, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY, USA
- Master of Arts, Sociology, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, India
- Master of Theology, Missiology, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India
- Bachelor of Divinity, Theological Studies, Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala, India
- Bachelor of Science, Meerut University, Meerut, India
- Believing without Belonging?: Religious Beliefs and Social Belonging of Hindu Devotees of Christ: a Case Study in Varanasi, India
- Advanced International Leadership Training, Haggai Institute International, Singapore
- Asian Theological Summer Institute, Lutheran Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Adjunct Faculty, Taylor College and Seminary, Edmonton, Canada
- Adjunct Faculty, Vanguard College, Edmonton, Canada
- Teaching Intern, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY, USA
- Adjunct Faculty, Immanuel Theological Seminary, New Delhi, IndIa
- Director, Mission India Bible Institute Seminary, Nagpur, India
- Lecturer & Bursar, Satyaniketan Theological College, Allahabad, India
- Lecturer, Luther W. New, Jr. Theological College, Dehradun, India
- Missions & Evangelism
- Contextual Theology
- Cultural Anthropology
- World / Global Christianity
- Indigenous Church Planting
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Pastor, South Asian Church, Edmonton, Canada
- Delegate of India, Asian Church Congress, South Korea
- Founding Director, Karuna Ministries, Radrapur, India
- Pastor, Vasant Kunj Methodist Church, New Delhi, India
- Pastor, Centenary Methodist Church, New Delhi, India
- National Missions Coordinator, Discipleship Centre, New Delhi, India
- “Themes in a Dalit Theology of Mission” in Dharma Deepika: A South Asian Journal of Missiological Research , Dec. 1999 (3), pp. 49-58.
- “Christianity in North India” a chapter contributed in the forthcoming volume, Companion to Christianity in India, edited by Prof. Rowena Robinson to be published by the Oxford Press.
- “Mission City: Toward a biblical theology of urban mission”, a paper presented at the regional conference of the Evangelical Missiological Society held from March 25-26, 2011 at Atlanta, USA.
- Book Review. Civilizing Missions in Colonial and Postcolonial South Asia: From Improvement to Development – Edited by Carey A. Watt and Michael Mann. In Religious Studies Review, Volume 38, Issue 2, page 82, June 2012.
- Book Review. Comprehending Mission: the Questions, Methods, Themes, Problems, and Prospects of Missiology by Stanley H. Skreslet. In Religious Studies Review, Volume 39, Issue 2, page 89, June 2013.
Membership in Academic Organizations
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Hindi, Native Proficiency
- English, Bilingual Proficiency