Froswa' Booker-Drew, PhD
Professor of Nonprofit Leadership
Community Engagement Specialist
Special Assistant to the President for Community Ministry & NGO Partnerships
International Experience: USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Leadership & Change, Antioch University Midwest, Yellow Springs, OH
- Master of Liberal Arts, Humanities/Ethnic Studies, Oklahoma City University, Okla City, OK
- Bachelor of Arts, History (Pre-Law) & English, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- From Bonding to Bridging: Using the Immunity to Change (ITC) Process to Build Social Capital and Create Change
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Antioch University Midwest, Yellow Springs, OH
- Adjunct Professor, Leadership, Lancaster Bible College/Capital Seminary, Springfield, VA; Indianapolis, IN
- Adjunct Professor, School of Social Work, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- Assistant Professor, Jarvis Christian College, Hawkins, TX
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Southwestern Christian College, Terrell, TX
- Adjunct Instructor, Richland College, Dallas, TX
- Nonprofit Management
- Community Development
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Social Capital, Psychological Capital
- Director, Community Affairs, State Fair of Texas, Dallas, TX
- National Community Engagement Director, World Vision, US Programs, Federal Way, WA / Dallas, TX
- Community Youth Development Director, World Vision, US Programs, Federal Way, WA / Dallas, TX
- Community Engagement Specialist, World Vision, US Programs, Federal Way, WA / Dallas, TX
- Owner/Consultant, Soulstice Consultancy, Grand Prairie, TX
- Partners for Sacred Places, Texas Office Director, Philadelphia, PA / Fort Worth, TX
- Southwest Sustainability Specialist, Breakthrough Collaborative, San Francisco, CA / Grand Prairie, TX
- South Regional Director, The Innovations Group/Alliance for Innovation, Tampa, FL / Grand Prairie, TX
- Community Center Director, St. Philip's School and Community Center, Dallas, TX
- Rules of Engagement and Partnership Power. Sarkey’s Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 2015.
- Movement Day New York. Racial Reconciliation Panel. New York City, New York. 2015.
- Stepping Out of Homelessness Keynote Address. Dallas, Texas. 2015.
- Toxic Leadership. 4Good.org. Virtual Webinar. 2015.
- Q Commons. Missed Opportunities. Arlington, Texas. 2015.
- Partnership 101. Chicago, Grand Prairie, Los Angeles. DC. New York City. 2015.
- How Do Diverse Women Build Relationships with One Another Inside and Outside of the Workplace. Positive Organizational Scholarship Conference. Orlando, Florida. 2015.
- IIeX North American Conference Workshop Speaker. Atlanta, Georgia. 2015.
- Tell Me A Story. Texas Christian University. Fort Worth, Texas. 2015.
- Tell Me A Story. Redeemed Christian Church of God. Mansfield, Texas. 2015.
- Social Capital and African Americans. University of Texas at Arlington. Arlington, Texas. 2015.
- Webinar: Overcoming Barriers to Creating Change. Nonprofit Technology Network. 2014.
- Immunity to Change. Texas Healthy Adolescents Initiative Coalition, Fort Worth, Texas. 2014.
- Networking Tips. Ignite Texas, Fort Worth, Texas. 2014.
- Tell Me A Story: The Role of Social Capital in Relationship Building. Texas United Methodist Women’s Legislative Conference. Austin, Texas. 2014.
- Building Social and Relational Capital. American University, Chicago, Illinois. 2014.
- Tapping Into Your Inner Relational Leadership to Create Change. 4Good.org, virtual webinar. 2014.
- Relationship Building. SMU Conference, SoulCare: Practices to Nurture the Mind, Body, & Soul. Dallas, Texas. 2014.
- Collaborating for Greater Impact. Women and Girls Empowerment Network. Dallas, Texas. 2014.
- Tapping Into Your Inner Relational Leader. Retrieved from Womanars.com. Plano, Texas. 2014.
- Building Your Network to Increase Your Net Worth. Governor’s Small Business Conference, Arlington, Texas. 2014.
- More Diversity Means More Donors. DFW Association of Fundraising Professionals Meeting, Dallas, Texas. 2013.
- The Role of Relationships in Advocacy. Texas United Methodist Women’s Conference, Austin, Texas. 2013.
- Social Capital for Leaders 101. Texas Leadership Forum, Austin, Texas. 2013.
- Immunity to Change. Texas Juvenile Justice Department. 2013
- Conference for Texas Community Service Association, Fort Worth, Texas. 2013.
- Access to Power. Presentation at the United Nations, New York City, New York. 2013.
- Barriers to Change: Understanding Roadblocks to Progress in Organizations and Communities. Retrieved from Good.org. Virtual Webinar. 2013.
- Be The Change You Wish to See in the World. Urban League Young Professionals Conference, Dallas, Texas. 2013.
- Immunity to Change. Texas Community Service Association, Annual Conference, Fort Worth, Texas. 2013.
- Building Social Capital to Enhance Collaboration. Retrieved from 4Good.org. Virtual Webinar. 2013.
- Social Capital. TEDxSMU, Dallas, Texas. 2012.
- The Dynamics of Identity, Social, and Psychological Capital. AWOW International Girls Leadership Conference, Richardson, Texas. 2012.
- Beyond Engagement: Expanding Opportunities for Community Engagement. Texas American Planning Association Conference, Dallas, Texas. 2012;
- Diversity and Generational Differences. DFW Association of Fundraising Professionals Conference, Dallas, Texas. 2012.
- Understanding Leadership: Examination of Key Concepts in Leadership and Qualities of Effective Leaders. AWOW International Girls Leadership Conference, Richardson, Texas. 2011.
- PR for Nonprofits. TACDC 18th Annual Community Economic Development Conference, Dallas, Texas. 2011.
- How to Raise Money for Your Organization. African Leadership Luncheon, Dallas, Texas. 2011
- Ready for a Revolution: 30 Days to Jolt Your Life, Austin Brothers Publishing Company, 2015
- Rules of Engagement: Making Connections Last, Austin Brothers Publishing Company, 2013
- "Fantasy," in KenteCloth: Southwest Voices of the African Diaspora: the Oral Tradition, University of North Texas Press, 1998.
- Commentary. Hurricane Ike: A Year Later. (2009). KERA News, September 11, 2009.
- Blackgivesback.com. (2010), Nonprofit insider, January 29, 2010
- Black Enterprise Magazine. (2010). Nonprofit insider: Choosing a board for your nonprofit, August 20, 2010.
- Interview with Stanley Bronson. (2013). Retrieved from www.superchangeyourlife.com
- Infignos Radio: Bringing Transformational Talk to You. (2013). September 24, 2013.
- Blackgivesback.com. (2014). July 17, 2014.
- The Princess Problem: Guiding Our Girls through the Princess-Obsessed Years. (2014)
- Peace in the home. (2014). August 13, 2014. Retrieved from http://www.mixcloud.com
- Today’s Leading Woman. (2014). August 18, 2014.
- Women’s Movement Radio Network. (2014). October 14, 2014.
- Empower Magazine. Views From Top: Women in Business World Vision Leader (2014). November 17, 2014.
- Good Enough Mother. (2014). December 18, 2014. Retrieved from http://www.goodenoughmother.com
- Empowered Flower Girl. Thank You Mentor. (2015). January 1, 2015.
- The Shorthorn. (2015). March 22, 2015.
- Convene. She Means Business: Inspiring Women CEOs and Leaders Share Their Keys to Success. (2015).
- Monster.com. Four Vital Skills You Won’t Learn in College. (2015).
- Women Empowering Girls. Strunista Spotlight. (2015)
- Exceptional People Magazine. Improving the Well Being of Children and Families. (2015). July/August 2015.
- Win's Women of Wisdom. (2015). October 2015.
- Connection Culture. How to Make Networking More Meaningful. (2015)
- Diversity Woman Magazine. Mothers, Daughters, and Money, Oh My: How to talk to your daughter about finances. (Fall, 2015).
- Girlforce. Relationships are About Self-Reflection. (October, 2015)
- Christian Post. Why Racial Reconciliation Is More Than Holding Hands and Singing Kumbaya. (November, 2015)
Membership in Academic & Professional Societies
- International Association Community Development
- American Evaluation Association
- Board member of the Texas Christian Community Development Network
- Texas Nonprofit Council
- Former Board Member of the Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Former Board Member, Girls Inc.—Tarrant County as a member of the Director’s Circle
- Former Member of the Dallas American Red Cross Diversity Leadership Team