Stacey D. Lyle, PhD, RPLS
Distinguished Professor of Geospatial Studies
Ministry Geoinformatics Specialist
International Experience: Gabon, Africa & USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Geography, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA
- Small-Format Digital Camera Use in Geographic Information System Agricultural Applications
Master of Science Thesis
- Search for Errors in Lines of Code for RTK-GPS Software
- Harvard Business School Executive Program, Cambridge, MA
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS), State of Texas
- Professional Land Surveyor, State of Georgia
- Associate Research Scientist, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX
- Associate Professor and Graduate Faculty, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, Geographic Information Science, and Geospatial Surveying Engineering Programs, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christ, TX
- Visiting Professor, Civil Engineering, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Computer Science
- Technical Information Management, BP America Production Company, Houston, TX
- System Engineer and Consultant, GeoScholar, Houston, Texas
- Market Director of Machine Automation, Leica Geosystems, Norcross, GA
- Global Navigation Satellite System Support Coordinator, Leica Geosystems, Norcross, GA
- Global Navigation Satellite System and Photogrammetry Specialist, Leica Geosystems, Norcross, GA
- Field Engineer and Surveyor, Hartrampf Engineering, Atlanta, GA
- Chief Surveyor: Marine Construction Hydrographer, Fugro Chance, Houston, TX
- Lyle, S. D., Starek, M.,Garrett, J., (2016). UAS Land Survey Data Model and Workflow Evaluation for Oil and Gas Industry, Texas UAS Summit, Austin Texas, March 29-31, 2015.
- Lyle, S. D., (2015). Integration of UAV’s into O&G Operations, Association of Petroleum Surveying & Geomatics, Houston, Texas, April 7, 2015
- Lyle, S. D., (2014). GIS in Surveying O&G, Association of Petroleum Surveying & Geomatics US West Chapter Summer 2014, Denver, Colorado, June 26, 2014
- Lyle, S. D., (2014). Survey and Positioning Lower 48, ESRI Petroleum GIS Conference, Houston, Texas, April 23-25, 2014
- Lyle, S. D., (2013). Experiment to test RTK GPS with Satellite “Internet to Tractor” for Precision Agriculture,International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems, Vol.4 No.2, April 2013.
- Jeffress, L., and Lyle, S. D., (2012). Maximizing Accessibility of Academic Publications: Applications of Electronic Publishing Technology, Journal of Contemporary Issues in Education Research. Vol. 5 No. 4, 2012. ISSN 1940-5847 (print), ISSN 1941-756X (online).
- Dalton, K., Lyle, S. D., and Smith, R., (2012). Digital Image Computational Analysis Methodology for Automated Phenomena Detection at a Micro Scale, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science (IJRRCS) Vol. 3, No. 3, June 2012, ISSN: 2079-2557.
- Gustafson, J. R., and Lyle, S. D., (2012). Building and Implementing a 4D Cadastre: A Land Rights and Geomorphic Perspective, ESRI Survey Summit 2012, San Diego CA, July, 2012.
- Lyle, S. D., Smith, R., and Nygaard, T., (2011). GNSS Shareware Control Software Smart Phone Applications, Salt Lake City, UT: ION GNSS 2011, Portland Oregon., September, 2011.
- Lyle, S. D., Smith, R., and Huang, Y., (2011). Applying and Modular Approach to Building an Online Surveying Degree, Surveying and Geomatic Educators Society Biannual Conference, Rincon, Puerto Rico, July 19-22, 2011.
- Lyle, S.D., and Wilson, M., (2011). Mediation and Arbitration Curriculum for Surveying Education, Surveying and Geomatic Educators Society Biannual Conference, Rincon, Puerto Rico, July 19-22, 2011.
- Lyle, S. D., and Jeffress, G., (2011). Surveying & Mapping the future of ACSM and GLIS, The ACSM Annual Conference, Survey Summit, San Diego, CA., July 7-12, 2011
- Terceros de Souza, F. A., and Lyle, S. D., (2011). Creating Business Opportunities Utilizing GIS in Land Ownership, The ACSM Annual Conference, Survey Summit, San Diego, CA, July 7-12, 2001.
- Lyle, S. D., and Sandoval, X., (2011). Value added Benefits of High Definition Surveying (Laser Scanning) in Contrast to in-situ Surveying for Erosion of Hydrological Waterways, Journal of Spatial Hydrology, ISSN: 1530-4736 Vol. 11 No. 2.
- Kennedy, J. E., Lyle, S. D., Smith, R., and Jeffress, G., (2011). Using Cadastral Maps to Accommodate High-Speed Rail Systems in Texas, The ACSM Annual Conference, Survey Summit, San Diego, CA, July 7-12, 2011.
- Nelson, J.J., Lyle, S. D., Jeffress, G., and Smith, R., (2011), The steps undertaken to build a personal and localized GIS for foreign owned property. Case Study: The Republic of Ireland, The ACSM Annual Conference, Survey Summit, San Diego, CA, July 7-12, 2011.
- Lyle, S. D., Lyle, C., and Smith, R. A. (2010). Real-time GIS for Real-time Decision Makers at an Emergency Operation Center, Geospatial Dimensions of Emergency Response Symposium, Phoenix, AZ, April 25-29, 2010.
- Lyle, S. D., and Eby, N. (2010). Conversion of Cadastral Data to KML File Type for Use in Google Earth and Google Maps for Mobile as a Land Information System. Computing for Geospatial Research & Application Article No. 30 ACM New York, NY, USA ISBN: 978-1-4503-0031-5.
- Lyle, S. D., Smith, R. A., and Lyle, C. M., (2010). Geospatial Data and Server on USB. Computing for Geospatial Research & ApplicationArticle No. 41 ACM New York, NY, USA ISBN: 978-1-4503-0031-5
- Lyle, S. D., (2009). Texas A&M University Corpus Christi Geographic Information Science and Geospatial Surveying Engineering Degree, Surveying and Land Information Science, Vol. 69, No. 4., pp. 231-232.
- Lyle, S. D., (2009). Intersection of Geomatics and Geographic Information Systems Emphasis into a new Geospatial Information Science Degree for ABET review. East Tennessee State University: Surveying and Mapping Educators Conference, Johnson City, TN, July, 2009.
- Jeffress, G. A., Lyle, S. D., and Smith, R. A. (2009). Portable Wiki Map Server and Real Time Environmental MySQL GISServer, Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Lyle, S. D., Lyle, C., and Smith, R. A. (2009). Portable Gulf of Mexico Geospatial Data Solution, Data Integration and Management on the Gulf of Mexico Workshop, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX
Membership in Academic Organizations
- Program Evaluator, Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology (ABET)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Institute of Navigation
- Association of Petroleum Surveying & Geomatics - Life Member
- Houston Hydrographic Society
- National Society of Professional Surveyors
- American Society of Phtogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Texas Society of Professional Surveyors, Board of Directors
- Geographic and Land Information Society, Board of Directors
- Surveying and Geomatics Educators Society, Founding Officer
- Surveying and Mapping Society of Georgia