Paul Hill, DMA
Professor of Music Education
Music Theory Specialist
Missions Experience: USA
- Doctor of Music Arts, Shenandoah Conservatory, Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA
- Master of Music, Shenandoah Conservatory, Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA
- Master of Church Music, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- Bachelor of Music, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
- The Development, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Course utilizing Hymns to Teach Basic Music Reading Skills to Adults
- An Investigation of the Music Literacy of Adult Church Choir Members in Churches Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention of Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
- Music Reading
- Music Theory
Ministry & Professional Experiences
- Minister of Worship Arts, First Baptist Church, Marietta, GA
- Founding Conductor/Music Director, Symphony on the Square, community orchestra, Marietta, GA
- Teach them to Read! The Benefits of Music Literacy in the Church Choir, Creator Magazine, Vol. 30, Number 2 (March/April) 2008, pp. 20-23.
- I’ve Got Rhythm…I’ve Got Music, Creator Magazine, Vol. 30, No. 4 (July/August) 2008, pp. 5-11.
- Music literacy among adults in church choirs. The Choral Journal. (December) 50 (5) 2009, 12-21.