Lorna Shepherd, EdD
Senior Professor of Community Health Outreach
Health & Wellness Specialist
International Experience: Barbados, WI; Guyana, SA; USA
- Doctor of Education, Public Health & Nutrition, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Master of Education, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Master of Science, Public Health with Epidemiology concentration, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Bachelor of Arts, Nutrition, Brooklyn College, New York, NY
- Psychosocial Characteristics of Pregnant WIC Program Participants: Predictors of Stage Movement Toward Smoking Cessation
Certificates and Additional Training
- Nationally Registered Dietitian (RD), Commission on Dietetic Registration, Chicago, IL
- Licensed Dietitian, Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians, Atlanta, GA
- Pre-Professional Program, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Public & Global Health
- Community Health
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Health & Wellness
- Associate Online Faculty, Health and Wellness Program, College of Health, Human Services and Sciences, Ashford University, San Diego, CA
- Associate Professor, Department of Nutrition, Life University, Marietta, GA
- Nutrition Educator, Department of Nursing, Fortis Institute, Port St. Lucie, FL
- Nutrition Program Coordinator/Director, Keiser University, Port St. Lucie, FL
- Professor of Nutrition & Diet Therapy, Department of Health Science & Nursing, Barbados College, St. Michael, W.I.
- Nutrition Program Creator, Department of Health Science & Nursing, Barbados College, St. Michael, W.I.
- Private Nutrition Practitioner, Shepherd's Nutrition Counseling, Atlanta, GA
- Part-time Faculty, Department of Nursing, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Instruction, School of Allied Health and Public Service, Chattahoochee Technical College, Marietta, GA
- Assistant Professor, Health Department, State University of New York at Cortland, Cortland, NY
- Assistant Professor and Chairperson, Department of Allied Health, St. Francis College, New York, NY
- Adjunct Instructor, Queens College, New York, NY
- Adjunct Instructor, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Food Science and Nutrition
Professional & Research Experiences
- Principal Investigator: The effect of Diet and Vanadium Sulfate Supplementation on the blood glucose levels of diabetics. Department of Nutrition, Life University, Marietta, GA
- WIC Program Director, Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, New York, NY
- Research Assistant, Department of Nutrition, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Shepherd, Lorna. C., Lima, Hannah., Ott, Mary (2015). The Effects of Diet and Vanadium Supplementation on Blood Glucose levels of Diabetics: A Review of Current Human Data and recommendations for further Study. MOJ Public Health.
- Shepherd, Lorna. The Shepherd’s Diet Plan. Tate Publishing & Enterprises, Oklahoma, USA, 2007.
- Shepherd, Lorna. Predictors of Stage Movement Toward Smoking Cessation In Pregnant Women, The Edwin Mellen Press: New York, 2002.
Membership in Professional & Academic Organizations
- KAPPA DELTA PI International Honor Society in Education
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics