Dana Knighten, MSW, DSW, LCSW
Professor of Social Ministry
Social Work Practice Specialist
Missions Experience: USA
- Doctor of Social Work, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
- Master of Social Work, Southern University, New Orleans, LA
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Work, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA
- Understanding the Complexity of Chronic Illness: an Action Research Approach
Master of Social Work Thesis
- A Description of the Behavioral and Emotional Strengths of a Sample of Children in the Louisiana Youth Enhancement Services Program
Certifications / Continuing Education
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Louisiana
- "The Impact of the Invisible Wounds of War"
- "The Well Child: An Integrated Approach"
- "PTSD Diagnosis and DSM-5"
- "Residual Effects of Aggression and Domestic Violence"
- Social Work Practices
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Work Ethics
- Direct Service
- Clinician, Greenbrier Behavioral Health Hospital, Covington, LA
- Social Worker II, North Oaks Medical Center, Hammond, LA
- Intervention Specialist, Abraxas Key Academy, Hammond, LA
- Social Worker, New Horizons Youth Service Bureau, Hammond, LA
- Internship, Court Appointed Special Advocate, CASA Services, Hammond, LA
- Internship, Hammond Head Start, Hammond, LA
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority